I got some very pretty vintage rhinestones awhile ago, and I decided to do bead embroidery around them. It was hard to find the exact size of the base I needed, so it took a few tries. These were my failed attempts. The rhinestones didn’t sit quite right in them.
I finally figured out the right size for the beaded bases, and then I started to bead around them. Initially, I thought I might add other beads in between the rhinestone links, but I decided against that. I also somehow thought that five of these would fit around my wrist. I was wrong, but this miscalculation may have been a good thing because I kept thinking I only needed a couple more, which spurred me on.